LAI has matched librarians and staff with GW schools and programs to simplify support and offer personalized assistance. Check LAI Contacts by School for a list of LAI staff members and librarians assigned to each department.
Each disciplinary area of the libraries' collection is maintained by a collection development librarian who reviews and authorizes purchase of new materials. You can use the filters on the Staff Directory to contact your collection development librarian to discuss the collection or complete our book and media request form to suggest a purchase.
Assistance with Your Research
Individual consultations are available with librarians who specialize in disciplinary areas or in specific research tools. Use the filters on the Staff Directory to find a librarian specializing in your research consultation area.
Teaching and learning professionals partner with faculty to facilitate course design and enhance teaching methods using a variety of evidence-based teaching practices, in-depth workshops, classroom technologies, and creative media tools.
Instructional Technology Support
Request a librarian to provide a class session, workshop, or online module on information literacy, research methods, and tools.
Course Reserves and E-Reserves on Blackboard
- Submit your reserve request
- Request online access to films assigned for viewing for your courses
- Learn about our streaming media collections
Open Educational Resources
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching, learning, and research resources that are free of cost, available to everyone, and carry legal permission for open use. Find information about how GW Libraries support open affordable access to course materials.
Library Catalog and Online Resources
- Search our catalog for available materials.
- See a list of databases by subject and title.
- Use the Journal Title option on the library search box to find the journal you need
- Find other materials such as videos, data sets, archival materials, and global materials
TIP: Do you use Google Scholar? Go to Settings > Library Links to get links to items the library subscribes to.
Faculty borrowing privileges includes:
- Borrowing for GW Faculty (privileges and due dates)
- Borrowing for GW Law & Medical Faculty
- Interlibrary loan for borrowing materials from libraries outside of the WRLC
- Proxy borrowing: GW faculty members may authorize one individual to charge out materials in the faculty member’s name. See the Proxy Borrower Authorization form for instructions.
Research Data Services
Find information about Data Services for assistance in identifying and managing your data.
- Find datasets for research use and access software for analysis.
- Learn about data management best practices and get assistance with data management.
Open Access & Publishing Support
GW Libraries provides resources and services to assist scholars throughout the research and publishing process. Information and assistance is available on:
- Open-access (OA) publishing, digital, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing restrictions
- Author's Rights or understanding the implications of retaining or giving away your rights when you publish your work.
- ScholarSpace: GW’s institutional repository offers free, publicly available, long-term preservation of the research and scholarly works created by GW’s faculty, staff, students, and institutes.