Requesting Research Instruction
To schedule a session, use our Research Instruction Request Form.
Requests for research instruction should be made at least two weeks in advance of the class session. This allows time for the librarian to review relevant course materials, discuss goals and desired learning outcomes with you, and create a teaching plan.
We will work with you to design a class, workshop, or online modules that cover:
- Formulating a research question
- Understanding citations and citation practices
- Finding, cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing data
- Using and creating maps and GIS tools
- Digital and creative storytelling using Adobe Creative Suite and similar tools
- Developing search strategies and crafting research and data management plans
- Understanding and selecting the right discovery tools:
- Library Catalog
- Specialized collections / working with primary sources
- Software and research tools
Mix-and-match any of the above! Sessions can be online, in-person, or a combination of both. We will work with you to design a session that meets your course needs and students’ learning objectives.
Librarians are also available to meet with you or your students outside of class time for individual or small group research consultations. Schedule a meeting with a librarian.