Building access is available to GW students, faculty, and staff who have completed all of the steps outlined on GW's Onward website. No one will be allowed to sign in without a physical GWorld card or enter the library if their GWorld card tap is denied. Library access is not available for alumni or visitors. Masks are required inside all library buildings.
Information for Visitors
- Building Entrance
- Registered Visitors & Borrowers
- Conduct Guidelines
- Library Computers, Printing, and Wireless
Access to Buildings & Resources
During the Summer 2021 semester, there is no access for alumni or visitors for any reason. During the Fall 2021 semester, alumni and visitor access to the library buildings is only available for:
- Users of specialized collections with an appointment* (including the Special Collections Research Center and Global Resources Center),
- Students/staff of the School Without Walls, and
- Attendees of scheduled events*.
*Specialized collections users and event attendees must be escorted at all times.
Learn more about our current entrance policies for visitors.
The Registered Visitors and Borrowers program is not available until further notice.
Inside the Libraries
Visitors should follow the conduct guidelines in library buildings or may be subject to expulsion.
Learn how to access computers, print inside the libraries, and connect to GW's guest wireless network on our Visitor Access to Technology page.