Create Digital Studio
The CREATE Digital Studio is a brand new space within Gelman Library which assists students, faculty, and staff with utilizing multimedia hardware and software to expand the digital storytelling potential of their academic projects. Below you'll find a list of our current services and the best methods to reach us for all your digital storytelling and multimedia project needs.
What Is the CREATE Digital Studio
The Create Digital Studio is equipped with a host of top-of-the-line computers, equipment for borrow, and an A/V production studio designed to help you gain the experience and knowledge to develop your academic story into an engaging multimedia project. We are located on the first floor of Gelman Library, but can always be contacted for remote interactions to answer all of your questions. The services that we offer include:
- Professional-quality AV production suite
- High-quality multimedia equipment checkout
- High-powered multimedia editing computers
- Virtual reality experience space and equipment
- Digital Storytelling and multimedia production consultations
- Free multimedia workshops
What is Digital Storytelling?
Digital Storytelling is the act of using digital tools, technology, or platforms to convey information, concepts, and narratives to your chosen audience. Digital Storytelling projects are great for generating increased interest, outreach and interaction with your viewers, listeners, readers, followers, peers, and colleagues. Continue reading to find out how the CREATE Digital Studio can help make engaging, learning, and developing digital storytelling or multimedia projects more accessible than ever before.
Shoot Your Online Materials in Our AV Production Suite
The AV Production Suite is a video/audio shooting space designed to help bring your project to life. This studio suite will accommodate two people and comes equipped with a professional-quality camera, lights, microphones, recording/editing/streaming computer, green screen, and studio headphones. Contact us today if you would like to:
- Book a consultation to learn how to use the suite
- Shoot online class projects
- Recorded lectures
- Academic podcasts
- Staff-produced video projects
Attend Our Free Multimedia Workshops
The CREATE Digital Studio is offering a selection of free 90-minute workshops throughout the Fall 2020 semester. The workshops will give learners the tools they need to get started with powerful multimedia applications like Adobe Creative Cloud, Apple Creative Applications, and Unity. These workshops will be held across the Fall semester online via Webex and are accessible to GW faculty, students, and staff for free. Go to our Library Events page for a full listing of our workshop offerings.
Contact the CREATE Digital Studio Team
The CREATE Digital Studio team, consisting of Joshua Gleason and Ben Horn, are excited to hear from all faculty, students, and staff that are interested in utilizing our resources. There are many ways to contact us, so let us guide you through which contact method makes the most sense for you:
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Best for quick or general questions about our services or to reserve the A/V Production Suite.
- Calendly - Book a consultation with Joshua Gleason or Ben Horn for assistance with using the A/V Production Suite, learning multimedia applications, and intergrating digital storytelling into your classes. We will then meet online via Webex to answer your questions during this one hour session.
- Equipment Checkout - Make an appointment to borrow our advanced production equipment. Once you have booked a piece of equipment, we will then review and approve your booking so that you can come pick it up.
- Note: For the Fall 2020 semester we can only offer equipment checkout for approved on-campus faculty, staff, and students (those who have been receiving weekly COVID-19 tests and performing daily symptom checks.)