Accessing the GRC
GW students, faculty, and staff who have a physical GWorld card enabled for campus access may visit the collections without an appointment during our staffed hours. Non-GW individuals (including alumni and visitors) can access the GRC by appointment only. All visitors must be escorted at all times while in the building, and masks are required. Please email the GRC or call (202) 994-7105 to arrange for access to the collections.
All visitors must comply with GW's visitor guidelines for campus access.
Learn more about our current entrance policies for visitors.
Collections Use Policy
The GRC makes available a wide variety of electronic and print reference and research materials, as well as recently published foreign-language books. The GRC usage policy is as follows:
- Print reference and research materials do not circulate outside the GRC.
- Foreign-language monographs located in the GRC stacks may be checked out by eligible patrons.
- GW faculty and Proxy Borrowers are eligible to borrow most GRC materials for limited loan periods.
- Patrons unaffiliated with GW are welcome to use all GRC collections while visiting the GRC.
- Materials located off-site will be retrieved for patrons if arrangements are made in advance of a scheduled visit. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make such arrangements.
- Exceptions to the above may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Global Resources Center Staffed Hours
In addition to staffed hours, the Global Resources Center is available to GW graduate students via GWorld tap access any time the library is open.