The Global Resources Center (GRC) is closed for the summer of 2021 and will reopen on August 30, 2021, the first day of GW's academic year. Research support and digital collections remain available. Please contact us or schedule a research consultation.
All visitors must complete the visitor access registration form no more than 72 hours prior to your intended visit.
The specialized resource centers are all part of the GRC and follow the same hours and guidelines.
Accessing the GRC
The GRC and its collections are open to the public during staffed hours. Gelman Library grants automatic entry to GW students, faculty, and staff and to members of members of affiliated consortia and local organizations. Individuals not affiliated with GW can email the GRC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (202) 994-7105 to arrange for access to the collections. All patrons are required to present a picture ID upon entering the library.
Collections Use Policy
The GRC makes available a wide variety of electronic and print reference and research materials, as well as recently published foreign-language books. The GRC usage policy is as follows:
- Print reference and research materials do not circulate outside the GRC.
- Foreign-language monographs located in the GRC stacks may be checked out by eligible patrons.
- GW faculty and Proxy Borrowers are eligible to borrow most GRC materials for limited loan periods.
- Patrons unaffiliated with GW are welcome to use all GRC collections while visiting the GRC.
- Materials located off-site will be retrieved for patrons if arrangements are made in advance of a scheduled visit. Please email us at email@example.com to make such arrangements.
- Exceptions to the above may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Global Resources Center Staffed Hours
In addition to staffed hours, the Global Resources Center is available to GW graduate students via GWorld tap access any time the library is open.