Data Visualization Services Overview
We offer consultations, workshops, and software recommendations on various data visualization topics. Regardless of your experience level, we have services to meet your needs. Consultations and workshops are freely available to members of the GW university community and its affiliates.
Make an one-on-one or small group appointment to get help from librarians and other experts in one of the following areas:
- Creating graphs and charts using popular data visualization tools such as Tableau, Excel, and more
- Making maps and visualizing spatial data
- Digital Storytelling and multimedia production such as making videos, 3D prototypes, AR/VR techniques, and more.
- Using popular coding software such as R and Python to create visualizations.
- We offer support for you to learn techniques and identify software appropriate for your particular research project. It is the researcher’s responsibility to ensure that the research design, analysis, and presentation are appropriate for their context.
- In addition to our pre-scheduled workshops, we may be available to offer in-class or asynchronous video tutorials for particular software or tools on request.
Types of Assistance Not Covered by Our Service
- Creation of visualizations on your behalf
- Purchasing of individual software licenses. Although we will take recommendations and assist with the installation of licenses currently available to you and free, open source software.