We offer consultations, workshops, and software recommendations to guide your creation and use of maps, geographic analyses, and geospatial data. Regardless of your experience level, we have services to meet your needs. Consultations and workshops are freely available to members of the GW university community and its affiliates.
Making Maps and Using GIS Software Consulting Guidelines
- One-on-one and small group consultation appointments to help you find, access, analyze, and publish geospatial data, historic maps, remotely sensed imagery, and similar data sources.
- We offer support for you to learn techniques and identify and use GIS software and visualization tools appropriate for your particular research project. It is the researcher’s responsibility to ensure that the research design, analysis, and presentation are appropriate for their context.
- In addition to our pre-scheduled workshops, we may be available to offer in-class or asynchronous video tutorials for specific software, tools, or datasets on request.
Types of Assistance Not Covered by Our Service
- Creating maps or conducting analyses on your behalf
- Purchasing individual software licenses. Although we will take recommendations and assist with the installation of licenses currently available to you as well as free, open source software tools.
Questions about our services? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.