Advertising at Gelman (posters & digital signs)
GW students, faculty and staff are allowed to post their own flyers/posters in the 4 designated areas of the library. The available locations for posting are buletin boards located near the cafe area, near the copy machines, and near the colonial printing machines in the back corner on the entrance floor and just outside the stairs on the 1st floor. Flyers may be posted for up to two weeks and do not need prior approval. Posters that do not meet the guidelines listed below will be removed immediately. Bulletin boards in the other areas of the library are for the use of the library use only.
It is never acceptable to use tape on a painted wall, post in an area not listed above nor leave palm cards or flyers in Gelman.
· Posters/flyers should not be found in bad taste/blatantly offensive to any group on campus.
· Posters/flyers should not display any form of harassment.
· Posters/flyers may not promote alcohol consumption and should be in compliance with university solicitation regulations.
· Posters/flyers may NOT be printed on orange paper as this color is reserved exclusively for emergency/UPD notices
· Posters OUTSIDE the Snack Lounge must have clear evidence of a student group/organization sponsorship and “The George Washington University” logo should be clearly displayed on the posters/flyers.
· Students/groups may NOT remove any items from bulletin boards unless the flyer/poster is outdated.
· Space is first-come, first-serve. Student/groups are expected to be respectful of this request.
Expired posters will be removed as needed. Posters not meeting the above guidelines will be removed by library staff immediately.
Gelman Library maintains 12 digital signs used for library information, advertising, and emergency notices. The signs are reserved for library use only. Due to the overwhelming amount of interest in advertising on these digital signs we must limit content to library and library-related events and academic partners. We apologize that we are unable to host signs for events or departments outside the libraries any longer.
If you would like more information about digital signs at Gelman, please contact Robin Delaloye at email@example.com or 202.994.6780. Digital signs must be submitted as an image file (jpg, png, etc.) sized 1392x784 pixels (16:9). Signs must meet the GW identity standards and adhere to the regulations for posters/flyers above.
Palm cards may not be left in Gelman Library. Any palm cards found inside the library will be immediately recycled.
Please contact Robin Delaloye at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.994.6780.