E-Reserves Policies for Requesting Faculty
- First, please search GW's electronic journals for permalinks to articles which can be posted to Blackboard.
- For other items not available through electronic databases, please fill out the request form.
- If you request library staff to make scans, please allow 5-7 business days.
- GW guidelines for scanning are limited to one chapter from a book, or up to 10% of a book's total page count.
Please ensure that the library has been granted access to your courses on Blackboard so that staff can add e-reserves. Click here for instructions on how to grant access.
Accessing electronic reserves and finding course materials on Blackboard
You can access Electronic Reserves (e-reserves) through Blackboard 24 hours a day. Access to these materials is limited to students in the class.
Visit the Blackboard site and log in. Open your course's page and look for Electronic Reserves on the left side menu. Items are linked to Electronic Reserves upon request of the faculty.
Books on course reserve are kept at the Check Out Desk and may be borrowed for one of several short loan periods, which will be indicated on a label on the book's cover:
- 2 hours use within the library building only
- 2 hours + overnight use outside the library, to be returned before the Check Out Desk opens the following morning
- 3 hours use outside the library (Top Textbooks)
- 3 days use outside the library
Please return all physical course reserve books in the Reserves Return slot located within the front panel of the Check Out Desk.
Reserve materials may not be renewed. Once items have been returned, they can be checked out again after a 15-minute waiting period.
Overdue Fines for Physical Course Reserve Books
- 2 hour, 2 hour overnight, or 3 hour: $1.20 per hour, maximum fine $30.00
- 3 day: $2.00 per day, maximum fine $30.00
- Books not returned will be declared Lost and will incur an additional $110.00 in replacement and processing fees.