This section brings together brief historical information on current and former GW Schools and Units, including schools that were independent prior to becoming part of GW, such as the Mount Vernon College and National University.
This list is not comprehensive, and we are always interested in expanding this resource. Please contact the university archives if you don't see an answer to your question here, or if you have a written history you would like to share.
Information for GW Units that may hold historical information they'd like to transfer to the archives can be found on the University Archives page.
Histories of GW Schools and Units:
- Benjamin Franklin University
- Columbian College of Arts & Sciences
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- Former GW Schools and Departments
- Graduate School of Education & Human Development
- Law School Chronology
- Libraries at GW
- Mount Vernon Seminary & College Chronology
- National University
- School of Business & Public Management
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- School of Medicine & Health Sciences