Donating Rare Books
The Kiev Collection welcomes the opportunity to consider donations of Judaica, especially rare books and codex (bound) manuscripts. We request that prospective donors consult with staff before mailing or dropping off materials, so we may evaluate all volumes offered and ask the donor to sign a deed of gift agreement which formally signifies that the books become the property of the library. Please contact Special Collections at email@example.com or 202-994-7549 to discuss a donation of rare books.
The activities and projects of the Kiev Judaica Collection include:
- Supporting research and scholarship in a variety of subjects and languages;
- Acquisitions of books and reference literature;
- Exhibitions and Jewish outreach programs;
- A foundation for future innovations in Judaic studies and education;
- Preservation of the Jewish cultural heritage for future generations.
To contribute to the work of the I. Edward Kiev Judaica Collection, please visit our donor page.
The wide-ranging holdings of the Kiev Collection support all areas of Judaic Studies at GWU, for the benefit of local and visiting students and scholars as well as members of the Washington, DC-area Jewish community. Your help and participation would be greatly appreciated.