Mount Vernon Seminary and College
In addition to its collections of Mount Vernon Seminary and College official records and personal papers, the GW University archives includes the following Mount Vernon publications, which are available for use in our reading room.
If you are a faculty, staff or alumna of Mount Vernon, please contact the archives for information about how you can contribute to the archives.
The catalogs a include brief history of the college, academic calendars, admission requirements, information about individual courses offered at the college, rules and regulations, and the names of important administrative offices. From 1934-1969, there were separate catalogs for the Seminary and Junior College.
- Mount Vernon Seminary Catalog, 1877-1969
- Mount Vernon Junior College Catalog, 1934-1969
- Mount Vernon College Catalog, 1970-1998
The name of the yearbook changed several times during Mount Vernon's history. While the Junior College existed as a separate entity (1927-1968), there were separate yearbooks for it and the Seminary. All of the yearbooks have been scanned and are available through the Internet Archive.
Mount Vernon Seminary
- The Annals of 1911 (1911)
- The Cupola (1923, 1925-1937, 1939-1941, 1946-1969)
- Supplements to The Cupola (1952, 1956-1959, 1969)
- Vignette (1944)
- The M.V.S. (1945)
Mount Vernon Junior College
The Bell Cote (1947-1968)
Mount Vernon College
- The Bell Cote (1969-1978)
- The Phoenix (1979-1982, 1987-1988, 1990-1994, 1997-1998)
- The Cupola (1983-1986)