. . . from the University Archives
- GW News Releases (1960 - ) Check in regularly, we are currently adding to this material!
- Hatchet newspaper (1904 - 1998)
- Cherry Tree yearbook (1908 - 2009)
- GW Faculty Senate Minutes (1961 - 2012)
- Columbiad yearbook (1892, 1898, 1899, 1904)
- University Bulletin (1821 - 1883)
- The Ghost (1921 - 1927)
- Mount Vernon College yearbooks (1944 - 1998, with gaps)
- Mount Vernon Seminary yearbooks (1911, 1923 - 1986)
- Monday Reports (1968 - 1989)
- Columbian Call (1895 - 1898)
- President’s Report (1889 - 1998, with gaps)
- Joel S. Bacon Letters Related to the Arnold Case
- A Slavery Question in the District of Columbia, in the Year 1847
- George Washington Colonials, Game film, Sun Bowl and William and Mary, 1957
- Reconnaissance-Level Architectural Survey of Properties in Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
- Andrew Novak, The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit: A Critical Portrait of Dr. Cloyd Heck Marvin, 2001
- Elmer Louis Kayser, Bricks without straw; the evolution of George Washington University, 1970
- Elmer Louis Kayser, A Medical Center: The Institutional Development of Medical Education in George Washington University, 1973
. . . from the manuscript collections
- Marion Barry 1978 campaign oral history project
- National Education Association, oral histories
- DC Statehood Constitutional Convention transcripts, 1982
- Teamster Magazine (1940 - 1969)
- Winston Churchill Engagement Diaries
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, oral histories
- Jan Van Dyke's choreography of Ella, at Corcoran Gallery of Art
- Diary of Johannes Adam Simon Oertel
- Hugh Valentine, Oral History Interview
GWU Publications (Internet Archive)
Official publications of George Washington University, Columbia College, Mount Vernon, and the other schools and programs that today constitute the University.
GWU Student Publications (Internet Archive)
Publications of the students of George Washington University, along with the historical schools and colleges that have merged with it.
Corcoran Images (Flickr)
Sample of images from the vast photographic materials in the archives of the Corcoran Gallery of Art and Corcoran College of Art + Design. For more information, please consult the preliminary guide to the Corcoran photographic archives.
Corcoran Documents (Internet Archive)
Selected documents from the archives of the Corcoran Gallery of Art and Corcoran College of Art + Design. For more information, please consult the collection inventories for the Corcoran.
Winston Churchill Engagement Diaries (Internet Archive)
Daily activities and appointments of Winston Churchill during World War II, as recorded in his monthly engagement diaries (calendars), September 1939 through June 1945.
International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America records, including correspondence files of the executive office from 1904-1952, with the majority the material originating in the 1940s. Included with the correspondence are reports, minutes, clippings, transcripts of government hearings and decisions, legal briefs, and copies of local union by-laws. The material details the union's initial struggles for existence and unity, its jurisdictional disputes, growth in membership and influence, changes in organizing and bargaining techniques and in the trucking and transportation industries, and the increasing strength and political involvement of the labor movement nationally.
Washington, DC Statehood Constitutional Convention records (Internet Archive)
Transcript of the District of Columbia Statehood Constitution Convention, February 9, 1982 to May 29, 1982
Marion Barry 1978 Campaign Oral History Project (Internet Archive)
Oral histories (audio, transcripts, video) of people involved in the Marion Barry campaign for mayor in 1978, conducted between 2015 and 2018
Washington Metro Oral History Project (Internet Archive)
Oral histories (audio, transcripts) conducted by Dr. Zachary Schrag, a professor at George Mason University, as research for his dissertation on the history of WMATA
National Education Association Oral Histories (Internet Archive)
Oral histories conducted by Vakil Smallen, between January 19th and May 5th, 2017
Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Oral Histories (Internet Archive)
Oral histories (audio, transcripts) conducted by Jerome Barrett beginning in 1983. Among those interviewed are numerous former FMCS directors. Interview topics include biographical information, the organization and operation of the FMCS, and personal accounts of important labor disputes, including the U.S. Postal Strike of 1970.
Politico-George Washington University Battleground Poll (DSpace @ GW)
- Foggy Bottom Photographs (Flickr) - a curated sample of images from the University Archives, depicting the Foggy Bottom neighborhood and the GW campus within it
- GWU Photographs, 1956 - 1962 (Flickr) - curated sample of images from the University Archives to commemorate the classes of 1960, 1961 and 1962
- TASS Window Posters (Flickr)
- Archive of Terror (National Security Archive Digital Collection) (DSpace @ GW)
- The Torture Archive (National Security Archive Digital Collection) (DSpace @ GW)
- Berryman (Clifford K.) Collection of Political Cartoons (DSpace @ GW)
- Cultural Imaginings: The Making of the Arab World in the Western Mind (DSpace @ GW)
- George Washington University Historical Photographs (DSpace @ GW)
- Munroe (Charles) Papers (DSpace @ GW)
- Jack Rottier Papers (C&O Canal) (DSpace @ GW)
- William Staughton Collection (DSpace @ GW)
- William Taylor Civil Rights Audio Recordings (DSpace @ GW)
- University Archives Selected Oral Histories (DSpace @ GW)
- Timothy Vedder Letters (DSpace @ GW)