. . . from the University Archives
- GW News Releases (1960 - ) Check in regularly, we are currently adding to this material!
- Hatchet newspaper (1904 - 1998)
- Cherry Tree yearbook (1908 - 2009)
- GW Faculty Senate Minutes (1961 - 2012)
- Columbiad yearbook (1892, 1898, 1899, 1904)
- University Bulletin (1821 - 1883)
- The Ghost (1921 - 1927)
- Mount Vernon College yearbooks (1944 - 1998, with gaps)
- Mount Vernon Seminary yearbooks (1911, 1923 - 1986)
- Monday Reports (1968 - 1989)
- Columbian Call (1895 - 1898)
- President’s Report (1889 - 1998, with gaps)
- Andrew Novak, The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit: A Critical Portrait of Dr. Cloyd Heck Marvin, 2001
- Elmer Louis Kayser, Bricks without straw; the evolution of George Washington University, 1970
- Elmer Louis Kayser, A Medical Center: The Institutional Development of Medical Education in George Washington University, 1973
. . . from the manuscript collections
- Marion Barry 1978 campaign oral history project
- National Education Association, oral histories
- DC Statehood Constitutional Convention transcripts, 1982
- Teamster Magazine (1940 - 1969)
- Winston Churchill Engagement Diaries
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, oral histories
GWU Publications (Internet Archive)
Official publications of George Washington University, Columbia College, Mount Vernon, and the other schools and programs that today constitute the University.
GWU Student Publications (Internet Archive)
Publications of the students of George Washington University, along with the historical schools and colleges that have merged with it.
Foggy Bottom Photographs (Flickr)
Images depicting the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washinton, D.C. Drawn from throughout Special Collections, these photographs depict the capital city's historic neighborhood bounded by 17th Street, Rock Creek Parkway, Constitution Avenue, and Pennsylvania Avenue.
Corcoran Images (Flickr)
Sample of images from the vast photographic materials in the archives of the Corcoran Gallery of Art and Corcoran College of Art + Design. For more information, please consult the preliminary guide to the Corcoran photographic archives.
Corcoran Documents (Internet Archive)
Selected documents from the archives of the Corcoran Gallery of Art and Corcoran College of Art + Design. For more information, please consult the collection inventories for the Corcoran.
Winston Churchill Engagement Diaries (Internet Archive)
Daily activities and appointments of Winston Churchill during World War II, as recorded in his monthly engagement diaries (calendars), September 1939 through June 1945.
GWU Photographs, 1956 - 1962 (Flickr)
The following photographs are from the University Archives, and were taken from 1956 to 1962 when the GW football team were Sun Bowl champions and the price of a cup of coffee in Cleaves cafeteria was a mere eight cents.
TASS Window Posters (Flickr)
The Russian Telegraph Agency (Rosta) was the state news agency in the Soviet Union (1918-35). After the creation of Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS) in 1925, it remained the news agency of Soviet Russia. "Rosta Windows" or Satirical Rosta Windows were stencil-replicated propaganda posters created by artists and poets within the Rosta system in 1919-21.
International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America records, including correspondence files of the executive office from 1904-1952, with the majority the material originating in the 1940s. Included with the correspondence are reports, minutes, clippings, transcripts of government hearings and decisions, legal briefs, and copies of local union by-laws. The material details the union's initial struggles for existence and unity, its jurisdictional disputes, growth in membership and influence, changes in organizing and bargaining techniques and in the trucking and transportation industries, and the increasing strength and political involvement of the labor movement nationally.
- Archive of Terror (National Security Archive Digital Collection) (DSpace @ GW)
- The Torture Archive (National Security Archive Digital Collection) (DSpace @ GW)
- Berryman (Clifford K.) Collection of Political Cartoons (DSpace @ GW)
- Cultural Imaginings: The Making of the Arab World in the Western Mind (DSpace @ GW)
- George Washington University Historical Photographs (DSpace @ GW)
- Munroe (Charles) Papers (DSpace @ GW)
- Politico-George Washington University Battleground Poll (DSpace @ GW)
- Jack Rottier Papers (C&O Canal) (DSpace @ GW)
- William Staughton Collection (DSpace @ GW)
- William Taylor Civil Rights Audio Recordings (DSpace @ GW)
- University Archives Selected Oral Histories (DSpace @ GW)
- Timothy Vedder Letters (DSpace @ GW)