Open Access and ProQuest ETDs
- The bibliographic data, abstract (as entered in the ProQuest ETD Administrator) and full text of your work are freely accessible to anyone with a computer to read, download, or print through ProQuest and the Washington Research Library Consortium Catalog (shared by GW and our local partner libraries).
- There is a one-time publishing fee of $95.00 payable, by the student, directly to ProQuest at the time of submission to the ETD Administrator Website.
NOTE: GW theses or dissertations may be published in GW ScholarSpace, GW's Institutional Repository, pending any embargo period you have requested.
Publication Release Options: (choose one)
- The bibliographic data, abstract (as entered in the ProQuest ETD Website), and full text are displayed in the ProQuest database and the GW institutional repository upon publication.
- The bibliographic information and abstract (as entered in the ProQuest ETD Administrator) will be displayed in the ProQuest database and the GW institutional repository.
- Release of the full text may be delayed for 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years in both the ProQuest database and the GW institutional repository.
- Authors will receive a calculated release date in an email notification when their submission has been delivered to ProQuest and when it has been published.
- The embargo period in the ProQuest database may be extended by emailing the ProQuest Author and School Relations Group.
- To extend the embargo lift date in the GW institutional repository, authors should contact the Library ETD Administrator separately.
If you are unsure about placing an embargo on your thesis or dissertation, you may wish to seek guidance from your dissertation/thesis faculty advisor.
Search Engine Access: (choose one)
- System Default is set to YES. This is an opt-out decision.
- Select YES: Your work will be indexed in major search engines and unembargoed dissertations and theses will be discoverable and accessible through Google Scholar. Authenticated users will be directed to the full text in the ProQuest Dissertation & Theses database. If the work is embargoed, the work will not be available for indexing in Google Scholar until after the embargo release date. If you change your mind, contact ProQuest Support to opt out.
- Select NO: Your work will be available for discovery only by users of the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses database. (NOTE: search engines may find access through other access points)
- A copy of your work may be purchased through ProQuest, but the author is not eligible to earn royalties.
- The author may restrict the sale of their manuscript by contacting ProQuest directly by email.