FLEX camps are short learning opportunities for instructors to focus on transitioning existing coursework to online and blended formats for maximal flexibility. Emphasis in these cohorts is to help instructors navigate how to manage large classes online, make choices about engaging face-to-face and online interactions, continue to advance skills in online learning, and select the most essential learning technologies.
- Active online learning strategies
- Adapting assignments and content for online delivery
- Selecting an essential tech toolkit
- Instructor presence and student interaction
- Creation of an online or hybrid course plan
- Changing large lecture courses
Director of Faculty Development, Patricia Dinneen, will lead the 2.5 day sessions. Upcoming sessions include: August 17-19. There will be synchronous meetings from 9-11am and 1-3pm, with some additional work in between sessions. The target audience for these camps is instructors seeking to ensure they are ready for the Fall 2020 scenario.
Please register here.