Students writing their ETDs in LaTeX may wish to use an editor for Windows computers such as WinEdt. The advantage of using WinEdt is that it can compile a document using PDF LaTeX, which generates a PDF as the final output. The procedures are very simple within WinEdt:
1. Open your .tex file
2. Save your document in .pdf archival format
3. Click on the PDFLaTeX icon
4. The PDF appears.
LaTeX Guides and Training Sites
Information about using LaTeX is available through the following websites:
- Publishing in the Sciences: Has links to LaTeX guides under the tab Authoring Tools.
- LinkedIn Learning: Available campus-wide.
- Safari Tech Books (O'Reilly): Search with the term Latex for books on using LaTeX. Note: You will need to create a free account using your gwu.edu email address.
Conversion of LaTex file to a PDF
Acrobat DC can be found on the public terminals in both Gelman and Eckles Libraries and many of the classrooms and computer labs across the GWU Campuses.