Current open positions within GW Libraries and Academic Innovation (GWLAI):
Overview of GW Libraries and Academic Innovation
GW Libraries and Academic Innovation (GWLAI) enriches the academic experience of scholars and students and sparks innovation at GW. Our people, programs, partnerships, and services enable research and teaching through access to the latest scholarship as well as rich archival resources; tailored support for researchers at all levels; guidance for faculty who want to explore new teaching methods and technologies in the classroom; and robust support for online education.
Through innovative partnerships, dynamic workshops, and team-based approaches to project management and problem solving, GWLAI fosters collaboration and provides leadership across the university to support the shared mission of generating, making accessible, and preserving new knowledge.
Staff at GW work closely with faculty, students, and a broad range of partners on and off campus to achieve GW’s aspirations to excellence as a comprehensive global research university. Staff support the research lifecycle by providing leadership across functions:
- Serve as active instruction partners across disciplines
- Advise on technical strategies for data analysis
- Steward resources
- Manage, develop, describe, and digitize collections
- Illuminate GW’s specialized, unique, and archival content
- Develop software and teach programming languages
- Advocate for equal access and affordability in higher education
- Design curricula
- Advise on strategies for navigating the scholarly publishing landscape
- Partner with other libraries across our region to provide comprehensive access to research materials
Successful candidates will demonstrate a collaborative spirit; a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging; creativity, flexibility, and a willingness to contribute to the core functions of the library while exercising expertise in a particular area of practice.
- Master’s degree (by date of appointment), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in one programming language
Salary and Benefits
Salary is contingent upon qualifications and is competitive for DC-area academic libraries. Typical hiring range is $64,261.06 - $102,685.19. Comprehensive benefits package includes 15 days/year paid annual leave; 12 days/year paid sick leave; paid winter break and 7 other holidays; medical, dental, and vision; 401(A) retirement plan, 4% base and GW will match 150% of the first 4% of your 403(B) contributions, up to a maximum of 6% of your eligible compensation; tuition assistance; generous ongoing support for professional development; and paid parental leave. For benefit details, please visit GW Benefits.