Request Items: Consortium Loan (for the Off-Campus Community)
|How Do I > Request Items: Consortium Loan (for the Off-Campus Community)|
If you can't find electronic full text, we'll send you a print copy. (Includes books, articles, and book chapters.)
How long will it take? See delivery times below.
Follow steps 1-3 detailed on here on how to request Items from the GW and WRLC catalog and then use the instructions below to have the items sent to your home
Step 4: Request
Type your delivery address in the "Special Instructions" box. If you would like your book(s) delivered to the Alexandria or Arlington Graduate Education Centers, then note that.
- Your “University ID” is your GWid. Forget your GWid? Go here.
- For a journal article, fill in the boxes with all the requested data from the article.
- Click “Submit Request.”
Step 5: Receive Materials
- A confirmation message appears. Disregard any message you receive that says "the book is available for pick up at "GW Off-Campus Programs."
- Books will be shipped to the address you supply in the "Special Instructions" box. There is no charge to have materials shipped to you. However, you are responsible for returning materials to Gelman either in person or return shipping. See Deliver Times below for details.
- You'll receive articles electronically via email. See Deliver Times below for details.
Step 6: Send Materials Back
Articles are yours to keep. Books may be renewed up to three times. Please return books to the address below. Or you may drop your books off at the Alexandria or Arlington Graduate Education Centers.
Gelman Library Circulation Desk
The George Washington University
2130 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
About one week if the book is available at Gelman Library or within the WRLC consortium.
A minimum of two weeks if the book is not available at Gelman.
We'll ship books by FedEx Ground to your address. You are responsible for returning the book to Gelman by the due date at your expense. The due date and return address will be printed on a slip enclosed with the book. Remember: You can renew books up to three times online at My Library Account.
A few days if the article is available at Gelman Library or within the WRLC consortium.
A minimum of seven business days if the article is not available at Gelman.
Typically, we'll send articles to you in PDF format. You'll receive an e-mail with a link to My Library Account. Articles remain in your My Library Account Web Delivery area for only two weeks. If an article cannot be delivered electronically, you'll receive a photocopy of the article for you to keep.
- Before requesting articles, search for journals to see if the article is available online.
- Before requesting dissertations, search the database Dissertations & Theses Online to see if the dissertation is available online.
|Gelman Library Consortium Loan Service
|Ask Us Desk