Visiting the GRC
NOTICE: As of March 14, 2020 the GRC is closed following protective measures put in place by the University for COVID-19. We will continue to monitor email throughout this time and support your research as best we can through available online resources. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The China Documentation Center (CDC), Taiwan Resource Center (TRC), Okinawa Collection / Japan Resource Center (JRC), Korea Resources, Middle East & North Africa (MENA), and Russia, Eurasia, Central & Eastern Europe (REECE) are all part of the Global Resources Center(GRC) and follow the same hours and policies.
The GRC hours for the current semester are listed on the main library site. In addition to those staffed hours, the Global Resources Center is available to GW graduate students via GWorld tap access any time the library is open.
Directions to the GRC
The Global Resources Center is located at 2130 H Street, NW, in Gelman Library, Suite #708. The closest metro stop is Foggy Bottom on the Orange and Blue lines, located approximately 2 blocks away on the corner of I and 23rd Streets, NW. As you exit the station, turn right and walk one block to the first stop light (H Street). Turn left and walk 1.25 blocks to the library entrance on your right.
Numerous bus lines also provide access to the GWU campus. For more information about public transportation, please check the Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority website for timetables, stations, and bus stop locations.
Driving directions to Gelman Library and parking information is available on the GW website.
Accessing the GRC
The GRC and its collections are open to the public during staffed hours. Gelman Library grants automatic entry to GWU students, faculty, and staff and to members of certain organizations located in Washington, DC. If you are unsure whether or not you fall into any of these categories, please visit our Entrance Policies page. Individuals not affiliated with GWU can email the GRC at email@example.com or call at (202) 994-7105 to arrange for access to the collections. All patrons are required to present a picture ID upon entering the library.
Collections Use Policy
The GRC makes available a wide variety of electronic and print reference and research materials, as well as recently published foreign-language books. The GRC usage policy is as follows:
- Print reference and research materials do not circulate outside the GRC.
- Foreign-language monographs located in the GRC stacks may be checked out by eligible patrons.
- GW faculty and Faculty-Authorized Borrowers are eligible to borrow most GRC materials for limited loan periods.
- Patrons unaffiliated with GWU are welcome to use all GRC collections while visiting the GRC.
- Materials located off-site will be retrieved for patrons if arrangements are made in advance of a scheduled visit. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make such arrangements.
- Exceptions to the above may be made on a case-by-case basis.