Open Access Publishing
- The bibliographic data, abstract (as entered in the ProQuest ETD Administrator) and full text of your work are freely accessible to anyone with a computer to read, download, or print through ProQuest and the Washington Research Library Consortium Catalog.
- There is a one-time publishing fee of $95.00 payable, by the student, directly to ProQuest at the time of submission to the ETD Administrator Website.
NOTE: GW theses or dissertations will automatically be published OPEN ACCESS in GW ScholarSpace, GW's Institutional Repository, pending any embargo period requested.
Publication Release Options: (choose one)
- The bibliographic data, abstract (as entered in the ProQuest ETD Website), and full text are displayed in the ProQuest database and the GW institutional repository upon publication.
- The bibliographic information and abstract (as entered in the ProQuest ETD Administrator) will be displayed in the ProQuest database and the GW institutional repository.
- Release of the full text may be delayed for 6 months, 1 year or 2 years in both the ProQuest database and the GW insitutional repository.
- Authors will receive a calculated release date in an email notification when the submission has been delivered to ProQuest and when it has been published.
- The embargo period in the ProQuest database may be extended by contacting the ProQuest Dissertation Publishing Group in writing, including email the Author and School Relations Group. To extend the embargo lift date in the GW insitutional repository, authors should email the email the Library ETD Administrator separately in writing.
If you are unsure about placing an embargo on your thesis or dissertation, you may wish to seek guidance from your dissertation/thesis faculty advisor.
Search Engine Access: (choose one)
- System Default is set to YES. This is an opt-out decision.
- Select YES: Your work will be indexed in major search engines and unembargoed dissertations and theses will be discoverable and accessible through Google Scholar. Authenticated users will be directed to the full text in the ProQuest Dissertation & Theses database. If the work is embargoed, the work will not be available for indexing in Google Scholar until after the embargo release date. If you change your mind, please contact ProQuest Support to opt-out.
- Select NO to opt out.
- See Search Engines and Your Dissertation for more information.
- A copy of your work may be purchased through ProQuest, but the author is not eligible to earn royalties.
- The author may restrict the sale of their manuscript by contacting ProQuest directly.
Have any feedback? Fill out this form.