Formatting Your Content
In order provide a professional and consistent look, a set of general, uniform formatting requirements have been established for GW theses and dissertations with respect to page margins, pagination, line spacing, page order, and required pages in the front matter. Within this formatting framework, some of the individual colleges or school have specific formatting requirements for the body of the document. Complete information on university formatting guidelines can be found below.
- University Formatting Requirements
- Writing Style and Citation Guides
- Overview of Basic Formatting Requirements
Annotated Style Guides for GW dissertations and master's theses for individual colleges or schools provide a visual guide and detailed explanations about required content and formatting.
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Elliot School for International Affairs
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- Graduate School of Political Management
- Milken Institute School of Public Health
- School of Business
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- School of Law
Have any feedback? Complete this form.