ORCID ID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID)
GW Students have the OPTION to create and/or include an ORCID Identifier Number on the ETD Details page in the ProQuest ETD Administrator.
What is an ORCID ID number?
An ORCID ID number is a persistent digital identifier that uniquely identifies you and your publications and allows a researcher to see a complete list of your works:
- Distinguishes you from authors with similar names or initials (e.g. Samantha Smith, S. Smith, etc.)
- Allows researchers to find a complete list of your works (or those works added to your ORCID account)
How does it work?
- The Author updates their biographical information and adds publication information to the account.
- Some systems allow the account holder to search and import citations from existing article databases.
- ORCID can link to other ID Services such as Researcher ID.
Who Maintains the Content in an ORCID Record?: The Author maintains their Individual ORCID records and decides what content is included in their individual ORCID record and what the connections are between your publications and affiliations.
Privacy/Privacy Settings: The researcher controls what information is added to the account and may choose his/her own privacy settings.
Is there a cost for this service? No.
More information on ORCID
GW Scholarly Communications: Research Impact: Author Identification