Visiting Eckles Library
Eckles Library will remain closed for the Fall 2020 semester.
Remote library services and resources and virtual tutoring services are still available to GW students, faculty, and staff. Assistance with all services, including locating print materials or requesting materials be digitized, is available.
Eckles Library, on GW's Mount Vernon Campus, is located at 2100 Foxhall Rd NW, Washington DC, 20007.
There are two means of transportation to the Mount Vernon Campus: the free Vern Express shuttle (recommended) or by car.
The Vern Express:
The Vern Express will not be running to the Mount Vernon Campus during the fall 2020 semester.
More information on the Express, including schedules, can be found on the Transportation and Parking Services site.
Driving Directions (from Foggy Bottom/downtown DC):
- From Washington Circle, go west on K St. (0.25 mi.)
- Travel west on the Whitehurst Freeway (.75 mi.)
- Turn left onto Canal Rd, heading west (0.25 mi.)
- As the road divides, bear right onto Foxhall Rd. (1 mi.)
- Turn left onto Whitehaven Parkway (you will see a sign for the campus off to your left at the turn)
- Turn right and enter campus, and the parking garage is the first turn on the left. Information for parking is located on our Transportation site.
- Eckles Library is a contemporary-looking building, located across the academic quad on the center of campus