Visiting Eckles Library
Eckles Library is open to the public for study and research, and public users may use collections on-site. During times of peak usage (particularly midterms, reading periods and final exams), Eckles Library reserves the right to limit study room usage to members of the GW community -- GW students should carry their GWorld cards with them at all times.
Eckles Library, on GW's Mount Vernon Campus, is located at 2100 Foxhall Rd NW, Washington DC, 20007.
There are two means of transportation to the Mount Vernon Campus: the free Vern Express shuttle (recommended) or by car.
The Vern Express:
The Vern Express runs regularly between the Mount Vernon and Foggy Bottom campuses, including 24 hours/7 days a week during academic semesters. On the Mount Vernon Campus, the Express pick-up stop is located in front of Somers Hall, adjacent to the Quad. On the Foggy Bottom campus, The Express stop is located at Funger Hall (G Street, between 22nd and 23rd St NW).
More information on the Express, including schedules, can be found on the Transportation and Parking Services site.
Driving Directions (from Foggy Bottom/downtown DC):
- From Washington Circle, go west on K St. (0.25 mi.)
- Travel west on the Whitehurst Freeway (.75 mi.)
- Turn left onto Canal Rd, heading west (0.25 mi.)
- As the road divides, bear right onto Foxhall Rd. (1 mi.)
- Turn left onto Whitehaven Parkway (you will see a sign for the campus off to your left at the turn)
- Turn right and enter campus, and the parking garage is the first turn on the left. Information for parking is located on our Transportation site.
- Eckles Library is a contemporary-looking building, located across the academic quad on the center of campus