Media Reserves Procedures and Eligibility
Media Reserves Procedures
To place a media item on reserve, first complete the online reserve form. Please indicate whether you would like your reserve item available via Blackboard or on reserve behind the circulation desk. Do not leave any fields blank.
- If you would like your media reserve item to be available for online viewing through Blackboard, please select this option on the reserve form.
- If you are placing an item from your personal collection on reserve, please drop off your media item at the Circulation Desk.
Requests for on-shelf media reserves are generally fulfilled within one business day. Requests for Blackboard streaming media reserves are generally fulfilled within five business days.
Media Reserves Eligibility
The following media items are eligible to be placed on reserve:
- Items owned by the GW Libraries
- GW-produced media items
- Media items from faculty members' personal collections
Items from Swank Digital Campus and Kanopy may also be requested and linked to your Blackboard course. Click here to search the Swank collection and here for Kanopy. To request a title, complete the Media Reserves Form.
The following media items are NOT eligible to be placed on reserve:
- Items from Netflix or other video rental agencies.
- Duplicated videos or recordings of TV broadcasts
- Media items received via consortium loan
- Media items received via interlibrary loan
Faculty members are encouraged to contact their department's collection development librarian to request the purchase of media items.
For questions about media reserves or Blackboard streaming, please contact email@example.com.