- About the Collection
- A description of the subject focus and materials.
- Research Guide
- Guide to major print and online resources.
- Browse By Subject
- View title-by-title lists of books and other holdings.
- JRC Databases
- A list of electronic databases on Japan studies that the Gelman Library subscribes to.
- A list of available journals and newspapers.
Japan Resource Center (JRC)
The Japan Resource Center (JRC) was established in 2005 to provide support for advanced study on Okinawa and Japan to the George Washington University community, especially those at the Elliott School of International Affairs as well as to the business circle and researchers of Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
The collection focuses upon the history, politics, economy, national security, and foreign relations of Japan after the Meiji Restoration (1868), with an emphasis on the 20th century, in accordance with the academic focus of the Elliott School. The collection formats include print and electronic monographs, periodicals, newspapers, reference works, and databases.