GW Libraries' Vision
The GW Libraries are a catalyst, a spark to generate new ideas and new possibilities. Responsive to the changing landscape of information, and sensitive both to traditional and emergent modes of communication, we bring together diverse constituents of faculty, students, and staff in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and deeply engaged intellectual community. As part of the larger George Washington University, we are a nexus where exciting things happen, where change happens, where growth happens.
Fundamental to our vision is that the Libraries sustain and expand our intellectual partnerships with faculty and students across and beyond the university. To that end, our objectives include the following:
- Provide leadership on scholarly communication for the university.
- Be the nexus for cross-disciplinary collaboration on campus.
- Building upon our demonstrated commitment to innovative pedagogy, develop methods for expanding the reach of research instruction across the curriculum, being responsive to the needs of GW's diverse student body.
- Through tools, spaces, consultation, and collaboration, help the GW community explore, create, and discover information in new ways.
- Build robust and unique specialized collections to attract world class scholars.