Support our Collections
The GW Libraries' collections range from historic to contemporary, span local and global cultures, and encompass an array of subjects and formats. Here you'll find an almanac by the first African American author of scientific material published in the United States; the works of poets and playwrights of the Jewish Cultural Renaissance in Germany; financial ledgers that trace the purchase of Alaska and the financing of the Spanish-American War; subscriptions to more than 400 international newspapers and periodicals; 18th-century maps of Washington, D.C.; and radio broadcasts documenting the second half of the 20th century.
By directing your gift to a collection, you can invest in a special interest or honor someone whose life is in some way reflected by our holdings. For more information about stewardship opportunities, contact Tracy Sullivan, Executive Director of Development, at (202) 994-8928.
Browse some of our notable collections:
- I. Edward Kiev Judaica Collection
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters Labor History Research Center
- Global Resources Center
- George Washington University Archives
- Washingtoniana Collection
- Mount Vernon College and Seminary Archives
- Corcoran Archives
- Corcoran Art and Design Collection
- National Churchill Library and Center