Study Seat Reservations
Before you make a seat reservation, do you have access to the Gelman Library Building?
In the Fall 2020 semester, entrance to Gelman and VSTC Libraries is only available to residential students and to GW students, faculty, and staff who are authorized to be on campus (the on-campus cohort). Those who are not part of the on-campus cohort will not have physical access to campus buildings. A seat reservation is required to enter the Gelman or VSTC Libraries.
- Seat Reservation Policies
- How to Make a Seat Reservation
- Find Your Seat
- Provide Feedback on the Seat Reservation System
Study seat reservations and entrance to Gelman or VSTC Libraries is limited to residential students and to GW students, faculty, and staff who are authorized to be on campus (the on-campus cohort).
Due to social distancing guidelines, only single seat reservations are available. No group space can be reserved in library buildings.
Spaces are available for reservation on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations may be placed up to two weeks in advance.
- Reservations may be placed for up to three hours each day.
- Masks must be worn in the library at all times, covering your mouth and nose.
- Masks may not be removed to eat and may be removed only as needed to take a drink.
1) Click the blue buttom above or go to go.gwu.edu/LibSeat to access the reservation system.
2) Choose the library location at which you'd like to make a reservation: Gelman or VSTC
- OPTIONAL: Choose the floor you'd like to reserve a seat on by using the "Zone" dropdown list
- OPTIONAL: Choose the type of space you'd like. Examples are "Table and Chair," "Soft Seating," "Windows Workstations, "Mac Workstation," or "ADA Accessible."
- OPTIONAL: If you require an ADA accessible space, check "Accessible" box. Please note that ADA accessible spaces do not have chairs to accomodate wheelchair users.
3) Click the blue "Show Availability" button.
4) Results for the current time will display, based on the criteria you selected. If the library is currently closed, you may see results with no available times. Use the buttons on the left side to go to a specific date, advance by day, or move to the next available reservation time.
5) If you want to know more details about a specific seat and see a representative photo of the seat, click on the blue seat name. The details page will list the type of furniture, type of computer (if available), whether there is natural light or access to electricity, and whether the set is located in a single-person room.
6) To reserve a room, click on the start time you'd like from a green space in the booking grid. Red spaces are unavailable.
7) Your selected time will appear at the bottom of the grid with a default end time of three hours later. Use the dropdown menu to change the end time to an earlier time. Three hours is the maximum reservation time. Your selected time shows in the grid in yellow.
8) Click "Submit Times"
7) On the "Booking Details" page, click "Continue" to accept the library reservation policies.
8) On the next page, enter your GWID number and click "Submit by Booking."
9) A confirmation screen will appear and you will receive an email with the same information. Once your reservation is approved, you will receive an email with a three-digit code. The three-digit code is required to check into your seat.
Photos and more information about study rooms is available within the reservation system.
Would you like to provide feedback on our new study space reservation system? Please email email@example.com.