Gelman Library's general collections are closed to the public. As the library at a private institution, we are obligated to focus our limited resources on our primary users, the students, faculty and staff of George Washington University.
Entrance to Gelman Library and use of library resources and services are extended to users affiliated with university and library consortia, local residents associations, and other groups. Click on the groups below for details on access and borrowing privileges and ID requirements for entering the library.
- GW Students, Faculty, and Staff--Including Foggy Bottom, Mt. Vernon, and Virginia Campuses, Medical and Law Schools.
- GW Alumni
- Immediate Family Members of GW students, faculty, and staff
University and Library Consortia
- ARL Student, Faculty, and Staff
- CIRLA Students, Faculty, and Staff
- OCLC Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- WRLC Faculty, Students, and Staff (Includes Trinity College)
- WRLC Employees
- BARBRI (Bar Exam Review Program)
- Foggy Bottom Association Member
- IMF/World Bank Employees
- School Without Walls Staff and Students
- Summer Housing Residents
- West End Association Members