During the summer of 2021, entrance to Gelman library is available to GW students, faculty, and staff who have a physical GWorld card enabled for campus access. No one will be allowed to sign in without a physical GWorld card or enter the library if their GWorld card tap is denied.
All students, faculty, staff, alumni with borrowing privileges, and visiting scholars with borrowing privileges can request materials to pick up in the entrance lobby.
Gelman Library's building and general collections are closed to the public. As the library at a private institution, we are obligated to focus our limited resources on our primary users, the students, faculty and staff of George Washington University.
How to make sure your GWorld is enabled for campus access
The value currently set for your On Site (or On Campus indicator) can be reviewed in GWeb. Reference this document for more information. In addition to your On Site status, please check your hold status at least 24-hours before you plan to use the library.
- GW Students, Faculty, and Staff--Including Foggy Bottom, Mt. Vernon, and Virginia Campuses, Medical and Law Schools.
- GW Alumni
- Immediate Family Members of GW students, faculty, and staff
University and Library Consortia
- ARL Student, Faculty, and Staff
- CIRLA Students, Faculty, and Staff
- OCLC Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- WRLC Faculty, Students, and Staff (Includes Trinity College)
- WRLC Employees
- BARBRI (Bar Exam Review Program)
- Foggy Bottom Association Member
- IMF/World Bank Employees
- School Without Walls Staff and Students
- Summer Housing Residents
- West End Association Members
- Specialized Research Collection Users
- U.S. Government Documents Users
- Woodrow Wilson Scholars
- Registered Visitors and Borrowers