Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Guide
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning; A Guide from Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching
Description: The term "scholarship of teaching and learning" (abbreviated as "SoTL") is increasingly used in higher education during conversations of how professors can discover and study best practices and teaching strategies. Consider the questions:
- What does the term "scholarship of teaching and learning" really mean?
- How does SoTL differ from scholarly teaching?
- Is it only considered "scholarship" if the findings are shared -- and in what form?
- What is the process of effectively implementing SoTL as a teacher/scholar?
- What are the benefits of doing so?
- These questions and more are thoroughly addressed in the following website developed by the Center for Teaching at Vanderbilt University. Online tutorials guide faculty through the steps for implementing the scholarship of teaching and learning in a section titled "doing SoTL". This great resource lays the foundation for faculty interested in learning more about SoTL and perhaps participating in their own scholarship.
Please visit their website to learn more: