Consortium Loan Service
What is the Consortium Loan Service?
- The Consortium Loan Service (CLS) is a way to obtain books and articles that are not available at your home library.
- You can request materials held at Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) libraries, GW campuses (Gelman, Mount Vernon and Virginia Science & Technology Campus Libraries), or from the WRLC off-site storage facility.
- Books can be delivered in a few days to the Gelman, Eckles, or Virginia Science & Technology Campus circulation desks.
- Articles can be scanned and posted as links to your My Library Account page, usually in a day or two.
- The service is available to eligible borrowers (GW faculty, students and staff).
Before you place your first request…
Register your email address in My Library Account.
- Use your GW email address
- You'll receive notifications at this address when your requests are fulfilled.
Loan Periods and Renewal Procedures for Books
- Check with the Circulation Desk for loan periods specific to your patron group, renewal limits, and fine and fee policies. All Consortium Loan items are subject to possible recall according to the lending library’s policies.
- Renewal requests must be on or before the due date. Only 3 online, email, or telephone renewals are available. After this, items must brought to the Circulation Desk for further renewals.
- Borrowed materials may be returned to Gelman Library, Mt. Vernon Campus Eckles Library, Virginia Science & Technology Campus Library, or any other WRLC Library.
Alternative Form for Consortium Loan Requests
An alternative method of requesting materials not available at your home library is the Consortium Loan Form.
This form is intended for use by those patrons who cannot under normal circumstances initiate CLS requests via the online catalog, such as GWU Alumni, Friends, or CIRLA members with borrowing privileges who wish to obtain GWU items from off-campus locations or storage.
Eligible patrons who are otherwise able to log in to My Library Account should not use this form. They should instead use the request form integrated into the online catalog for the quickest processing of their requests.
Contact the GW Consortium Loan Service Offices
If you have questions about the Consortium Loan Service, please contact the GW Libraries Consortium Loan Office at your home library.
Gelman Library CLS Staff Hours
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|Mt. Vernon Campus
|Virginia Sci. & Tech.