WRLC Students, Faculty, and Staff
Requirement for Checking Out Books
You will need an ID card from your home university, validated for the current semester.
Types of Material That Can be Borrowed
- General GW Circulating Collection
- Materials at WRLC Storage facility
Determined by your home university library
- Undergraduate/Nondegree Students: 28 days
- Graduate Students: 42 days
- Faculty: Up to 4 months, utilizing 3 fixed due dates per year (January 31, May 31, and September 30).
- Staff: 28 days
If a book you have checked out is needed by another person, it may be recalled. All books are subject to recall after they have been charged out for at least 14 days. You will be notified by e-mail or phone and will have 14 days from the date of recall to return the book before recall fines are assessed. See details.
GW and WRLC books may be renewed at any time, and they will be assigned a new due date 28 days from the day you renew. Each book is limited to 3 renewals. All books may be renewed a variety of ways, including online, email, and phone. Click here for details.
If you reach the renewal limit of 3, you must bring the books in person to the Check Out Desk to return or renew; if you still need the books, we will start over the process for you, allowing up to 3 more automatic renewals.
Overdue Fines and Other Fees
$.25 per day per book up to $10 maximum. After 40 days, overdue items are considered lost and you will be charged $107 for each book. See details.
Other Library Privileges
WRLC students, faculty, and staff are eligible for the following library services:
- Consortium Loan Service borrowing
- Direct borrowing at WRLC libraries
- GW Libraries Computers: Now Require a Login
WRLC students, faculty, and staff may use GW media resources (in-library only).
WRLC students, faculty, and staff are not eligible for remote access to databases or Interlibrary Loan through Gelman Library. These services may be provided through your home university library.
WRLC Member and Affiliate Libraries
- American University Library
- University Libraries, Catholic University of America
- Gallaudet University Library
- University Libraries, George Mason University
- Lauenger and Blommer Libraries, Georgetown University
- The George Washington University Libraries
- Howard University Libraries
- Marymount University
- University of the District of Columbia