Winston Churchill Engagement Diaries
Daily activities and appointments of Winston Churchill during World War II, as recorded in his monthly engagement diaries (calendars), September 1939 through June 1945.
GWU Photographs, 1956 - 1962
The following photographs are from the University Archives, and were taken from 1956 to 1962 when the GW football team were Sun Bowl champions and the price of a cup of coffee in Cleaves cafeteria was a mere eight cents.
TASS Window Posters
The Russian Telegraph Agency (Rosta) was the state news agency in the Soviet Union (1918-35). After the creation of Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (TASS) in 1925, it remained the news agency of Soviet Russia. "Rosta Windows" or Satirical Rosta Windows were stencil-replicated propaganda posters created by artists and poets within the Rosta system in 1919-21.
International Brotherhood of Teamsters records, 1905-1952
International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Chauffeurs, Warehousemen, and Helpers of America records, including correspondence files of the executive office from 1904-1952, with the majority the material originating in the 1940s. Included with the correspondence are reports, minutes, clippings, transcripts of government hearings and decisions, legal briefs, and copies of local union by-laws. The material details the union's initial struggles for existence and unity, its jurisdictional disputes, growth in membership and influence, changes in organizing and bargaining techniques and in the trucking and transportation industries, and the increasing strength and political involvement of the labor movement nationally.
Sample of images from the vast photographic materials in the archives of the Corcoran Gallery of Art and Corcoran College of Art + Design. For more information, please consult the prelimiary guide to the Corcoran photographic archives.
Selected documents from the archives of the Corcoran Gallery of Art and Corcoran College of Art + Design. For more information, please consult the collection guides for the Corcoran.
Official publications of George Washington University, Columbia College, Mount Vernon, and the other schools and programs that today constitute the University.
GWU Student Publications
Publications of the students of George Washington University, along with the historical schools and colleges that have merged with it.
- Hatchet newspaper (1904 - 1989)
- Cherry Tree yearbook (1908 - 2009)
- Columbiad yearbook (1892, 1898, 1899, 1904)
- Teamster Magazine (1940 - 1969)
- Winston Churchill Engagement Diaries
- University Bulletin (1821 - 1883)
- The Ghost (1921 - 1927)
- Mount Vernon College yearbooks (1944 - 1998, with gaps)
- Mount Vernon Seminary yearbooks (1911, 1923 - 1986)
- Monday Reports (1968 - 1989)
Legacy Collections & Exhibits
- Archive of Terror (National Security Archive Digital Collection)
- The Torture Archive (National Security Archive Digital Collection)
- Berryman (Clifford K.) Collection of Political Cartoons
- Cultural Imaginings: The Making of the Arab World in the Western Mind
- George Washington University Historical Photographs in the Digital Objects Catalog
- Monroe (Charles) Papers
- Politico-George Washington University Battleground Poll
- Jack Rottier Papers (C&O Canal)
- William Staughton Collection
- William Taylor Civil Rights Audio Recordings
- University Archives Selected Oral Histories
- Timothy Vedder Letters