Filming in the I. Edward Kiev Collection Room
The I. Edward Kiev Collection Room is available as a filming location Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. if the room is not needed for classes, research, or other library activities. The organizing GW representative should plan to stay with the crew for the duration of the filming.
Upon arrival, the organizing GW representative should go to the reference desk in the Special Collections Research Center (directly in front when exiting the elevators on the 7th floor) and request the Kiev Room door be unlocked. When filming is complete, please immediately notify the reference desk in the Special Collections Research Center.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Kiev Room. This includes bottles of water.
- No art may be removed from the walls; please do not lean equipment against the walls in general. At least four feet of clearance is required between equipment and collection materials, which include books on shelves, books on carts, and wall art.
- Please limit filming activity to the open portion of the room, and avoid entering the stacks area.
- Nothing should not be stored in the hallway outside the room.
- Makeup should be applied only outside the Kiev Room.
- Do not move or handle any library equipment or materials in the room (books, papers, etc). A staff member from the reference desk in the Special Collections Research Center can move materials, if requested.
- The large conference room table may be moved within the room, but not outside. Please return all furniture to its original positions.