Join GW faculty members and keynote speaker Nick Shockey, Director of Programs & Engagement for SPARC, for a discussion on the state of Open Access publishing in the disciplines. Learn how faculty from the sciences and humanities have opened their scholarship to the public, and the challenges and benefits they have encountered in the process. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions of the panelists and come away with ideas for making their own work more widely available to readers. Light refreshments will be served.
- Keynote Speaker - Nick Shockey, Director of Programs & Engagement for the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- Paul Brindley, Professor of Microbiology, Immunology & Tropical Medicine, Scientific Director, Research Center for Neglected Diseases of Poverty
- Lorena Barba, Associate Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Ami Zota, Assistant Professor of Environmental and Occupational Health
- Alexa Huang, Professor of English, Co-director of the Digital Humanities Institute, Director of the Dean's Scholars in Shakespeare