Open Access at GW
On February 13, 2015, GW's Faculty Senate approved an open access resolution for the university. Provost Lerman, on behalf of the administration, accepted the recommendation contained in Faculty Senate Resolution 15/2 to establish the open access resolution on February 23, 2015.
By ensuring that published scholarship becomes publicly accessible, the open access resolution is designed to further GW's commitment to promoting innovative research that makes a positive impact on society. The resolution is not designed to have any impact on authors’ decisions about where they publish. Authors will not need to change where or how they publish in order to participate in this resolution. Using the GW Addendum to Publication Agreement during article submission can assist GW authors by negotiating their rights as authors and ensuring they can archive a copy of their article in GW ScholarSpace.
There are several ways to participate:
- You can deposit a copy of your article in GW ScholarSpace, GW’s institutional repository.
- If you are affiliated with the School of Medicine and Health Sciences, the School of Nursing, the Milken Institute School of Public Health, or the GW Biostatistics Center, you may submit your articles to Himmelfarb Library's Health Sciences Research Commons.
- If you are affiliated with the George Washington University Law School you may submit materials to their Scholarly Commons Repository.
- If you have already deposited your article in a domain-specific repository like PubMed Central or arXiv, you may provide the link to the article in the GW ScholarSpace Deposit Form.
- If you have published an article in an open access journal, you may provide the link to GW ScholarSpace.
- You may also request a waiver and opt-out of depositing your article.
For more information on Open Access or for specific questions, please email email@example.com